Thursday, December 8, 2011

lacey christmas wishes

I like how this Christmas postcard from 1912 recreates the look of a lace doily. Very intricate and pretty.


This was sent from what looks like Nebraska to Portland Oregon on December 18, 1912.



Dear Cousins,
The pkg. for yourself and Ethel rec'd in fine condition, which Flora and I are very thankful, will give Lucy hers at Xmas time, I am not able to do any writing or I would write you a letter, but would be pleased to get one from you. I can only do certain things with my arm, will not be able to come my hair for some time yet.  With love to all, from your Aunt E Loomis


Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet? I am seeing emails that say "last minute presents" and it's freaking me out. I just got started. The holiday season goes by so fast.

I did a little post on the PonyBoy Press blog about using copies of old family photos for Christmas tags. You an also use copies of your favorite Christmas postcards and cards. Here are a few I made just now.


Some new Christmas and New Years items added to the shop, including a beautiful handmade card from 1915.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card. I like doilies and lace. I always wonder about the people ... wonder what Aunt E did to her arm and when she'll be able to comb her hair again!!!!! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How truly wonderful! May I add this one to my cyber collection?

    Happy PFF, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, and great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete