Thursday, May 3, 2012

boardwalk empire

I have been immersed in Boardwalk Empire lately. I don't have cable, so I am just now watching the first season on DVD.

Have you seen this show? It's great writing and acting and like Deadwood, a lot of it is based on actual people from that time in history. But, the thing that overwhelms me about this show is the sets and clothes and how amazingly detailed and perfect it is.




As someone who collects antique postcards and photos from this time, seeing the boardwalk and people in sharp color and detail is like watching the old postcards and photos come to life. Good period shows like this are like going back in time. Just imagine what it is like to be on the set!


I highly recommend it. I can't wait for season two to come out.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy it too. I love the era, the costumes. The show depicts it so well. I have been following it on TV and anxiously await the new season this fall.

    ReplyDelete