Saturday, August 1, 2009

hometown

Sorry for the quiet over here on The Cedar Chest. I was working really hard the last few weeks to finish up a new zine for the Portland Zine Symposium. The Symposium was last week and I finished in time and now I can get back to everything else in my life.

There was a member from the Portland Postcard Club that I belong to at the zine symposium selling vintage postcards and many zinesters were really into them. His table was busy all the time. I was so glad to see him there. I hope some zinesters will find their way to the postcard club, as well. You can read more about the Zine Symposium and my new zine here.

The zine I recently finished is a story about when I was 15 and I went to my first prom. The prom took place at the civic center in Oxnard, which is in Southern California. I actually grew up in Ventura, the town next door. Since I have been thinking so much about my hometown lately, I thought I would post some postcards that I have found from the place I grew up.

I have noticed that almost everyone collects postcards from the regions where they grew up. Some are easier to find then others. If I went to a postcard club in Southern California, I might find more of my hometown, but so far it has been pretty rare, but not unheard of.


No comments:

Post a Comment