Thursday, February 28, 2013

Collections, what's yours?

What do you collect? I'd love to know. I find other people's collections really interesting. Please share your collections with me here or on my Facebook post.

Something I have wanted to collect is images of other people's collections. It's pretty hard to find and I've only mildly tried, but I want to share with you 2 of my photos from the collection.

a collection of model cars - vintage photo on the cedar chest blog

This is a great image of someone's collection of model cars that they framed. I love the clean orderliness of collections like this when they are displayed.

a collection of photos and ephemera from around 1908 - on the cedar chest blog

I adore this image because it shows a room display from around the early 1900's with lots of postcards, photos and clippings, as well as some Indian baskets and other things. These are all the things I collect and I have many items from this time in my collection. I'm assuming this is a man's space. The newspaper article is about a football game. He's got a number of postcards, one with a Wisconsin pennant, a number of photos of women, some pictures of animals, some drawing and sketches, dried flowers and some American Indian photo. It's a good collection.

A fun photo collection is a shown on a website called With Cameras. Todd Wermer collects images of women with cameras. I love it when a person has such a defined collection of photos or postcards. Here are some of my favorite images from his tumblr site. 

woman with camera withcameras.tumblr.com/

double exposure woman with camera from http://withcameras.tumblr.com/


african american woman with camera - http://withcameras.tumblr.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment