Saturday, April 7, 2012

Greeting for Easter Day

easter postcard

I'm very fond of this lovely and modern style Easter postcard from 1910.  I love the sweet greeting poem.too.

I'm not sure what these buds are. Maybe magnolia buds? I was at my mother's house yesterday and saw her Magnolia bush and the buds looked a lot like these.

This postcard was sent to Mary in Lowell, Mass from another Mary. She seems a little peeved that Mary hasn't written her back since her recent move, but still wishes her and her husband a Happy Easter. It looks like Mary's new old house is still standing.

Happy Spring and Easter to all of you!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. They look like pussy willow catkins to me.

    Thanks for sharing your neat things online!

    All the best -

    Kim Cody

    ReplyDelete