Thursday, April 22, 2010

postcard weekend

Here are some photos from the Postcard Auction and Sale last weekend.


I had never participated in an auction before and my experience was just like a typical first experience I have seen shown on TV or in the movies. I like to think that didn't influence me but, I'll never know.

First it felt hard to catch up with the bidding and the auctioneer and things got past the amount I could pay pretty fast. Then I finally won one at a good price (a full scrapbook) and it was pretty fun. Then I got another (another scrapbook) and then I bought some postcards for more than I would of because I just got excited and it was fun to raise my hand!



There were a couple things I really wish I would have gotten and the lesson I learned there was to look over the things being auctioned over better beforehand and to keep a list. With over 150 lots it was a lot to keep track of. It was a lot of fun and the dinner was great, too.


The next two days was the postcard show. I spent a few hours there looking through people's stuff. There was some neat stuff to see.


Some neat old advertising signs that were used on the sides on trolleys in Portland.


A strange cookbook that was a pink plastic puffy cover of a 3 ring binder. The recipe pages were not nearly as interesting as the cover. Maybe pride was a brand. I didn't investigate enough.


The Webfooters auction and sale happens every year. You can find out more about it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment