Thursday, December 24, 2009

a very merry christmas to you

Christmas Eve is here. This year came so much faster it seems. I feel behind in my basic Christmas rituals. Right now I am watching White Christmas for the first time this season. That is weeks behind my usual viewing.

Ha! Well, no matter. It is here and it should be fun. My family does a theme Christmas every year. We have done Medieval Christmas, 1960's, Dutch, Hungarian and others. It makes each year unique. This year it is Depression Era Christmas. Soon, I need to go in my closet and find some outfit vaguely reminiscent of the 1930's. I am going for a Walton's version.

I found some great old music to play tonight, mostly from the 1930's. You can listen too if you want. You can find it here.

Here is the only Christmas item I could find in my collection from the 1930's. It is actually plastic and on the back is a calander for 1933:


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I will leave you with this last Christmas postcard from December 24th 1917. It was from Emma and Edwin to their brother Oliver in New London, Minnesota.


a very merry christmas

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I really enjoyed reading your blog this evening. A Merry Christmans, and happy PFF to you!

    ReplyDelete